National Tax Search
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions
Client must individually register prior to using the NTS Site. Upon registration, whether online, by facsimile or letter with NTS, Client will be assigned a specific internal access code to access the restricted area of the NTS Site. NTS may in its sole discretion provide Client with additional client name/passwords upon request.
Description of the Services
Representations and Warranties
NTS takes no responsibility for any Information provided by the NTS Site except as set forth in the Master Services Agreement entered into by and between NTS and Client. All other express or implied warranties are hereby disclaimed.
Use of the NTS Site by a Client is conditioned upon the timely payment of all fees, charges and other costs as set forth in the Master Services Agreement. Failure to pay as required will result in the termination of the Client’s access to the NTS Site.
Controlling Law and Venue
Client and NTS each acknowledge and agree that all reports, data, computer systems and other information exchanged between the parties shall remain confidential unless such information is designated as non-confidential. The parties will not provide confidential information to any third parties, except in the case of a lawfully issued subpoena. In the event that one of the parties receives a lawfully issued subpoena, the party shall notify the other party of the issuance of same in sufficient time to allow the other party to review and defend against such subpoena.
Intellectual Property Ownership
Term and Termination
Client agrees to hold harmless and indemnify NTS and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, members, managers, agents and employees from and against all third party claims arising from or in any way related to Client’s use of the NTS Site or the Information posted therein, including any liability or expense arising from all claims, losses, damages, (actual and consequential), suits, judgments, litigations costs and attorney’s fees of every kind and nature. In such case, NTS will provide Client with notice of such claim, action or suit.
If Client believes that any work of Client has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, Client shall provide NTS with the following information in writing;
- electronic or physical signature of the persons authorized to act on the behalf of the owner of such work;
- identification of the copy written work that is alleged to have been infringed upon, if more than one, a representative list;
- Identification of the material which needs to be removed or altered and a sufficiently detailed description of the location of the protected material on the NTS Site.
- sufficient means for NTS to contact the Client including, at minimum, the name, address and telephone number of Client.
- statement by Client that Client has a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agents or the law and that you have authority to make such a statement.
- statement by Client, under the penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright’s owner’s behalf.
NTS’ copyright agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement is:
President and CEO, National Tax Search LLC, 130 S. Jefferson, Suite 300, Chicago, IL 60661.
Activity Logging and Cookies
As a condition to using the NTS Site, Client agrees to the terms of NTS’ privacy policies as they may be updated from time to time.